Work where your work matters. Work at CCRC.
CCRC prides itself as a workplace of choice for passionate talent, driven by our mission to cultivate child, family, and community well-being. Whetherthe position works directly with the public or supports our programs, every position is vital to our mission's success and reputation as a leader. We are not your typical non-profit. We are 800 people strong and growing!
You could play a key role in supporting CCRC's Research Division!
Under minimal supervision of the Research Director, the Senior Policy Research Analyst will coordinate policy-relevant research. This position will conduct research on topics driven by our mission and priority areas; and contribute to analysis that projectsfuture implications of current policy trajectories. Successful candidates will be committed to collaboration, continuous learning and quality improvement, creative problem solving, and producing high-quality work. This position calls for an energetic and analyticalleader who can transform information and data into policy-relevant materials that have maximum influence on the issues pertinent to CCRC's organizational mission.
Areas of Responsibility Include the Ability to:
Maintain Knowledge and Initiate Policy-Relevant Research (40%)
* Keep abreast of policy changes, trends, political climate, etc. relevant to the Agency in order to anticipate or model potential outcomes.
* Maintain current knowledge of available data sources relevant to a variety of human and social policy topics.
* Maintain knowledge of current local, statewide and national policy relevant to the agency's mission.
* Take initiative to suggest and develop projects relevant to current policy issues.
Organize, Clean and Ensure Quality Data for Policy-Relevant Research (25%)
* Conduct systematic searches of relevant datasets and websites in support of project tasks or proposals.
* Conduct quality assurance of available data and conducts cleaning of data.
* Seek out experts (e.g., CCRC leadership or staff or external data stakeholders) to assist in obtaining data and answering questions about quality, source, structure, etc. of the data.
Analyze and Report on Policy-Relevant Research (30%)
* Compile and/or extracts quantitative data from multiple sources to prepare summaries, tables, and report sections.
* Prepare reports of findings and recommendations.
* Prepare infographics for dissemination that are relevant to specific stakeholders.
* Coordinate and prepare responses to data requests.
* Complete ad hoc and routine data requests which are often time-sensitive and complex.
Committee and Group Participation: 5%
* Actively participate in internal and external meeting, trainings, and committees to increase own knowledge and to disseminate information.
* MA degree preferred, BA required in Political Science, Sociology, Public Administration, Public Policy, or other related fields plus a minimum of three years of experience conducting policy-relevant research.
* Demonstrated knowledge of the legislative process, current, proposed legislation in human and social issues required.
* Demonstrated knowledge of MS Office products, and general office procedures required.
* Demonstrated knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research methods required.
* Demonstrated experience in statistical analysis required.
* A deep understanding of and appreciation for data collection and analysis and its role in informing policy with a desire to expand capacity for understanding, interpreting, and applying research to social policy and planning required.
* Demonstrated knowledge of human service fields such as child care, home visiting, homelessness, mental health and others preferred.
* Advanced skills with MS Excel; capable of producing summary tables, pivot tables, vlookup/index fields and visualizing data.
* Strong organizational and time / project management skills and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks to meet deadlines efficiently and accurately in a fast-paced working environment.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills including presenting and communicating research results clearly to a diversity of stakeholders.
* Excellent analytical, critical thinking, math skills, and a commitment to detail required to interpret and transform the use of data into policy-relevant recommendations.
* High level of customer service skill to positively interact with partners through respect, regular communication on projects, and through diligent efforts to ensure understanding of the customer's perspective and requests.
To join our team ? visit our website atwww.ccrcca.org/work-at-ccrc and select \"View Our Current Job Postings\"
At CCRC, passion and meaningful work is rewarded! We offer employees:
* Competitive compensation package
* Robust benefit offerings -Medical, Dental, Vision, and Voluntary Life Insurance
* Basic Life Insurance and Long Term Disability paid for by CCRC
* Employer Contribution and Employer Match in the 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan with 100% vesting
* Generous Time Off Policy-Vacation and Sick Time, Holidays, and Paid Winter Break
* Opportunities for learning and professional development, including education reimbursement
* Employee Assistance and Wellness Programs
* 501(c) (3) designation-You can apply for Public Service Loan Forgiveness!
* Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
* The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have accessto the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosureis (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41CFR 60-1.35(c)