MV Transportation is seeking a General Manager who will provide support, leadership and direction to assigned operating location to ensure delivery of annual business plans. He/she will control the daily operation of our transportation contract, in compliance with the policies of the contracting agency and in conformance with company procedures.
Position is located in Las Vegas, Nevada. Relocation assistance is available.
- Effectively manage customer relations through both direct contact and outreach programs.
- Identify, select, train and mentor location staff.
- Effectively and frequently communicate with location staff and support team members.
- Oversee vehicle maintenance plan and ensures fleet availability to meet service requirements.
- Oversee safety and training programs, plans and processes to ensure compliance with company, contract and regulatory requirements.
- Develop/establish and oversee any subcontractors and non-dedicated service providers ensuring operational effectiveness and compliance with any applicable contractual and performance standards.
- Maintain client contact routinely to meet or exceed expectations.
- Conduct periodic departmental audits.
- Daily, weekly and monthly review of key operational metrics.
- Ensure that all location financial metrics are managed continuously, exceptions are reported and action plans are developed to ensure the location meets it financial, safety and operational expectations.
- Implement, promote and adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Interact with bridges committee to effectuate positive changes to policies, procedures and programs.
- Responsible for invoicing and other reporting requirements of the contract and/or Company and Client.
- Participate in location(s) labor and employee relations activities.
- Provide insight and information to support location(s) contract renewals.
- Create and present location(s) annual budget.
- Bachelor's degree required and Master's degree a plus.
- Management experience required.
- Must have a minimum of (7) seven years of comprehensive experience in operations management and a combination of (10) ten years of management or supervisory experience in a paratransit environment with knowledge of Trapeze scheduling software.
- Must have labor/union(s) negations/expenses expertise.
- Must have a full understanding of dispatch, scheduling, driver recruitment, and safety DOT and FTA compliance.
- Must have experience overseeing and managing subcontracted service providers to achieve performance and contractual standards.
- MS Office, strong analytical skills, strong written and verbal communication skills and high degree of multi-tasking skills.
- Additional duties/responsibilities based upon individual contract requirements.
MV Transportation is committed to as policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Where permissible under applicable state and local law, applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test and background check after receiving a conditional offer of employment.